Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weapons, part 7.

Spear:
I like them.  Spears are reliable weapons, both easy to make and good for fighting.  You probably won't be able to hit an infected in the head with one, but a chest stab will stop a zombie dead(er).  If you make a spear with a crosspiece, you can stab repeatedly without worrying that the spear will become stuck too deeply in your adversary.  With time, skill, and a straight bit of wood, you can make a balanced javelin to throw at pursuers and save your arrows and other, less common projectiles.  You can make lethal barricades with spears, add them to pits and swinging traps, or even just jab at your enemies during a siege of your base (all of which, incidentally, is belong to us).

  Alright!  I think I finished everything worth covering except for firearms, explosives, chemicals, poisons, fire itself... you know, I'm absolutely nowhere near done.
  ...It's probably best not to think on that too much.  One post at a time: that's how I should think of it.  One post at a time with the best ideas I can think of.  But I am glad to have finished most of the things that don't go boomsizzle or crackle when you use them.  It makes what's coming next sound even more fun than it is!

Finally, I'll be covering pistols, carbines, rifles, and shotguns in the next two posts.  They will be biased, but then, what hasn't been, so far?  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment